diy vintage photo frame
reginald's love is taking her heart to san francisco, and he wanted her to have a little something to remember all the good times. after compulsively looking at my gram's photo album for a week, an old time photo felt really appropriate.
- craft frame, either 4"x6" or 5"x7"
- acrylic paint in black and white or parchment
- painter's tape
- clear ruler
- paint brushes/ pencil
- mark the frame 1/2" from the inside edge.
- tape off the outer area, making sure that it's stuck well.
- paint the exposed part of the frame white/parchment and let dry completely. it took 2 coats of paint to cover completely.
- remove tape.
- using the clear ruler, mark each corner at a 45 degree angle.
- tape the surrounding frame.
- using small squares of tape, cover the center and 2 corners of the triangle.
- make sure the tape is really stuck well, and paint the exposed area in black.
- let dry completely, then remove tape.
my taping was not well executed and i had a little ding here and there. i used a very fine brush to go over all the edges with black and smooth out any imperfections.