felt baby booties
from the second i saw the tiny toes of my newest nephew, i wanted to make him some booties. without knowing how to crochet or knit, i went with my favorite medium: felt. i winged it with the pattern, but i'm pretty happy with how they turned out! tiny shoes are just the cutest. second only to tiny toes.
- 1 sheet colored felt
- 1 sheet white felt
- 1 sheet black felt
- white embroidery floss
- 40" of white cord, cut in half
- cut out pieces according to pattern.
- punch holes for lacing (i used a leather punch)
- blanket stitch the sides and top edge of back panels.
- overlap the toe cap 3/8" from the edge of the tongue. blanket stitch pieces together.
- blanket stitch around the tongue
- mark the center back of back panel with a pin.
- fold the loops in half lengthwise and stitch to center back, using an X.
- sandwich all 3 layers of the sole together. use pins to mark where toe cap placement.
- baste around the toe cap, 1/8" from the edge.
- gather basting stitches and pin to the sole, lining up with markings
- stitch toe cap to sole, going through all layers.
- once around the toe cap, reverse stitch back through all layers.
- remove basting stitches. fill toe with tissue and press the seam allowance so it lays flat.
- pin center back of back panel to center back of sole.
- starting where the toe cap ends, stitch sides and back panel to the sole, going through all layers.
- when you reach the toe cap on the other side, reverse stitch back through to the beginning.
- lace up and slip in your tiny toes!