my friend and fellow muppet lover, becca, found instructions to make kermit the frog coffee cozies. that can only mean one thing: play date! with some nibbles, a big bottle of champagne, and felt, we were certain to have a good time. our cozy construction was different than the original:
- trace pattern onto heat'n bond. cut out and press to felt sheet with a medium iron
- cut out felt with fusible backing
- remove paper sheet from fusible backing, and press onto a second piece of felt. cut out both pieces
- trace top curve of pattern onto lighter green felt. 1/2" from the edge, cut triangles points
- place darker green felt on top of lighter green felt at the 1/2" line
- add hem tape to the top curve. press with medium iron. remove paper backing
- fold lighter green piece over the top edge, and press to hem tape.
- on front side, press points flat to body
- cut 2 thin strips of velcro. glue soft loop side to the outside of body with a hot glue gun
- glue the plastic hook side of the velcro to the same spots on the reverse interior
- let glue dry completely
- wrap around your cup and get cozy!