spray painted oxfords
let's just say that i bought some shoes that couldn't be returned that were way too gold. blindingly gold. i really wanted them, just in another color. spray painting seemed like a logical solution.
- masking/ painters tape
- spray paint
- exacto blade
- big box
- tape off every part that you don't want to piant, including the interior.
- place shoes in a large box out side.
- spray shoes evenly all around. building up light coats produces a nicer final layer than blasting them with paint
- remove from box when completely dry.
- prior to removing tape, run an exacto blade lightly around the edges that have been painted.
- remove tape.
at almost every step i thought i was going to hate these, and in the end i think they're pretty cute. do they look painted? oh my yes. naturally, i have no idea how these will wear. they could fall apart the second i step out the door. if they don't survive karaoke tomorrow, i'll update the post.