tortoise testing: trial two
continuing from last tortoise tests, to pour transparent resin that turns from golden amber to red amber. practice swirls.
- transparent amber pigment
- transparent red pigment
- opaque brown pigment
- opaque black pigment
- resin ice
- 6 drops of amber pigment added to 1/2oz mixed resin.
- 1/2 of resin divided among 2 molds sprayed with release.
- 1 drop of red pigment added to remaining 1/2 of resin.
- red/amber resin poured only on 2 sides of each mold, leaving a small amount left in the cup.
- 1 drop black pigment added to remainder of resin.
- black resin drops added to molds, unevenly spaced.
- drops swirled minimally with T pin.
- observation: no black swirls hit the bottom of the molds
clearly, nothing like the originals. WAY too much black. color transitioning from golden to red/amber a success. use far less gold amber at the beginning. profiles look pretty radical, and as far as tortoise goes, these are great.
ready to proceed making some handles: affirmative.