flapper tassel necklace: round 3
the first time was flat and thin, the second time was round and thick. the the third time, is the best of both. a 4 strand kumihimo braid is not only the easiest to learn, it's super versatile. i used the old braided nylon line in a few different patterns, and the results are crazy cute.
- spiral stripe: 2 black, 2 white
- vertical stripe: 2 green, 2 light green
- multi color: flo pink, yellow, coral, orange
- solid: all 4 strands flo coral
it's important to leave a long tail before you make the first knot. these cords will be used to attach the tassel, so they should be at least the length of the tassel plus 3- 4". like all braids made with a kumihimo disk, having the cords wrapped around flexible bobbins is essential to keep them from tangling.
- once you've set up the colors in the pattern of you choice, begin braiding by following the photos above.
- keep repeating this sequence until desired length.
- to finish, knot both ends with 1 overhand knot.
- pull cords through a large wooden bead (taping the ends together helped with this step)
- follow previous tassel instructions for making and attaching the tassel!