jersey knot headband
it's true that after just making a knotted headband, i don't need another. but when i saw the tutorial for this jersey one, it looked so soft and comfy and easy, that i had to make it. i used some jersey scraps that have been hanging around since march, but an old t shirt would work as well.
- cut the jersey into strips, 4" wide. i used 2 strips, that were 50" long and folded in half, but you can use 4 strips that are 25" long with 2 strips on each side.
- let the jersey curl up on itself naturally.
- this tutorial explains in detail how to tie the knot. i preferred the chunkier look of the headband on the baby (and i don't like tying on headbands), so my version uses thicker strips and has a center back seam.
- if you used longer strips folded in half, cut the folds.
- try the headband on to determine the length and where you want the knot to sit. trim the strips to fit.
- pin together the 2 strips on each end. then pin the top strips to each other and the bottom strips to each other.
- sew the strips together with a plain running stitch and trim the seam allowance.